CALLING ALL GILMORE GIRLS FANS (Or maybe just my sister and Haley…..)
If you can remember back to February, I know a lot has happened since then, I released a post about the definitive reasons Gilmore Girls is the best show ever. In the post, I spoke about the upcoming revival on Netflix. Eeeeekkkkkkkk.
Well, after months and months of waiting, wondering, and creeping on as many pictures as possible to try and get a grip of what is going on in this revival here’s what I gathered during that time:
- All the love interests are definitely back – Hello Logan. Hello Dean. Um, bye Jess.
- There is a picture of Luke’s truck outside Lorelai’s house…..?
- Rory appears to teach at Chilton, so I’m going to guess her work on presidential campaign trails is over.
- Melissa McCarthy is definitely returning as the one-and-only Sookie St.James.
- The show will cover four seasons in the town of Stars Hollow – Winter, Spring, Summer, Fall.
- Hep Alien is still together.
- We still have no idea what Kirk is doing with his life.
- Lorelai and Rory are still the best duo to ever face television.
With all these things being said, and lots of emotional trauma in process, yesterday the first official trailer for the show was released and the four-part event will air on November 25!
(I’ll hold while you catch your breath)
Things are still pretty much the same – Lorelai and Rory engaging in rapid-fire dialogue in their cozy, Connecticut home, the town gazebo remains intact, Doose’s is still open, and Luke still serves the best cup of coffee on the East Coast.
Plus…the theme song is still the same. I definitely got chills when I heard the “da…da…da…’s” and “la…la…la…’s.” (Sorry, it’s really hard to communicate sound over type). But then, you hear “where you lead…” and that’s where I pretty much lost it.
So definitely still the same show, still has the same affect it had on me when I was 10, and there is still definitely plenty of coffee to go around.
The only difference is this time Lorelai is having an existential crisis on whether she and Amy Schumer would be friends (Especially since her last crisis was deciding Pop-Tarts taste like freedom). Rory’s answer is water sports.
But, there are still some things I want to know! Will we get to see Paris have another breakdown on C-Span? How will they address the death of Edward Hermann? Will Rory get hit by another deer? What have the Life and Death Brigade been up to since leaving Yale?
So. Many. Questions.
And with that, who owns a time machine so we can fast-forward to November already?
Once a Gilmore, always a Gilmore.