Coffee is a beautiful thing. Every morning I could sing The Sound of Silence as I pour myself a cup of coffee. The first thing I do when I wake up in the morning is make a cup of coffee. Whenever I get out of my marketing class I walk across the business school to get a cup of coffee. Late night study sessions in club Moody? My first stop is Starbucks. Goodness there are even days where I crave flying across the pond just to get a cup of Costa Coffee (and see the beauty of the legal London of course). Simply put, I am one of those people always known for having a cup of coffee with them.
Sure, many people like to remind me of the dangers of drinking so much coffee. I’ve had friends tell me that coffee is the reason I’m so short (I can’t help it that I reached 5’2″ in the 8th grade and stopped growing). Yet, I believe there are some fun perks to drinking coffee.
1. It wakes you up. I will probably snooze my alarm 15 times in the morning. If anything can wake me up and help me be a pleasant person at 5 or 6 a.m., it’s coffee.
2. The energy is great. For a 21 year old college student, I feel like I go 300 mph every day. Whether I’m at school, or work, or volunteering at Veterans of Baylor, or even going on seven hour cleaning marathons in my apartment, I’m going to need the energy.
3. You get to use your favorite cup. I have so many cups. I have a red and white cup with a blue anchor (I’m a little nautical obsessed sometimes), Breakfast at Tiffany’s, Phantom of the Opera, the Come and Take It flag, and the list goes on. It would be a shame to put all of these to waste.
4. HAND WARMERS. I am incredibly cold natured. Honestly, it’s slightly ridiculous sometimes how cold I always am. So a perk of always having coffee with me, I can always have something to cuddle with and keep my hands warm.
5. Coffee is yummy. Like really yummy. Kona coffee, Central American coffee, French Press, Italian Roast. Goodness, I love them all.
6. Procrastination. Sometimes just sitting back and ignoring my responsibilities for a little bit so I can enjoy my coffee is exactly what I need.
7. Coffee makes me happy. As I stated earlier, coffee is the reason I wake up in the morning. Having a bad day? I’ll just run to Starbucks real quick (which is even better now that the peppermint mocha is out!) Whenever I want to celebrate something or treat myself to a good day, I’ll go get coffee.
Y’all, I just really love coffee. I’m even writing this post while I’m drinking coffee and enjoying this rainy morning. Remember the episode of Gilmore Girls where Logan buys Rory a coffee cart for a day? That’s definitely the way to my heart. So have a happy Thursday everyone and remember to enjoy a nice cup of coffee today!
Want more on my thoughts on coffee? Follow my coffee Pinterest board.