So who am I? Well, first off my name is Abigail Gilliam. I am 21 years old and a senior at Baylor University. I will graduate in December with a history major and a public relations minor. (And Sic ‘Em!) I am a marketing and public relations intern at Allen Samuels Dodge Chrysler Jeep Ram Fiat. My goal in life is to work in government and military affairs at the federal level. I desire to one day be able to call D.C. my home. But most importantly, I’m a simple, fun-loving woman just trying to figure out God’s plan for her life. After all, everything I am and everything in my life is for His glory alone.
“He must become greater; I must become less.” John 3:30
Here’s a little bit more about me:
1. My faith it the most important thing in my life. God is my rock and without Him I am nothing.
2. I love the little things in life. It does not take much to amuse me and I enjoy finding joy in the random things of life.
3. I am an incredibly motivated and ambitious person. I have had certain dreams for my life since I was 10 years old. I am still pursuing these dreams and watching them become visions.
4. I strive to be a positive person in everything I do.
5. I am extremely detail-oriented and super organized.
6. I am an overall introverted person, but once I begin speaking on a topic I love, you will never be able to get me to stop.
7. Baseball is the greatest sport known to man. (#RangerNation)
8. I grew up as a classical ballet dancer and I often find myself listening to composers with Russian surnames.
9. I love to read and I currently have a list of over 100 books I wish to read. (Stay posted, I’ll try and keep those updates coming)
10. To quote Buddy the Elf – I just like smiling, smiling is my favorite.
11. Gilmore Girls is my all-time favorite TV show.
12. I listen to obscene amounts of country music and Josh Abbott Band is my favorite.
13. I am thoroughly convinced a Kit-Kat can make anything better.
14. A perfect night is one where you can see all the stars.
15. If I could live on a beach, I definitely would.
16. It is impossible for me to go a day without coffee.
17. I try to run. I’m not always the best at it, but running is still something I am very passionate about.
18. I promise I am one of the biggest Disney fans you will ever meet.
19. I have a huge desire to travel and see the world.
20. I have a heart for people. I want to make a difference in people’s lives. I want to be able to remind people there is always hope.
I am super happy to meet you! Those are some pretty basic facts about me. I am sure more will come out along the way. For the remainder of my time at Baylor, this blog will mostly be about school, work and life. After that, I will simply take this wherever the wind takes me.
As Peter Pan says – To live will be an awfully big adventure!
I am excited to share this adventure with you.
For more random thoughts I have during the day, feel free to follow me on Twitter! @abigail_gilliam